- Increasing Production and Quality of Dried Fruit and Nuts through On-time Pruning and Spraying, this project was funded by USAID/RADP-North on February 2016 for two months in Samangan, Baghlan and Badakhshan provinces. The main objective of project was increasing production and quality of dried fruits through on-time pruning and spraying, increase the income of almond producers, and introduce contract pruning and praying techniques. The project was successfully implemented by AAIDO in targeted provinces and 1512 producers benefited.
- Grape Trellising and Vineyard Management, the project was funded by USAID/RADP-North on February 2016 for 11 months in Balkh and Jawzjan provinces. Under this project 2600 farmers benefited and the main objectives of this action was, adopting the T and I trellis method, enhance the grape productivity by 100%, identify agribusinesses interested in installation of trellising, and train 2600 farmers on improved vineyard management, GAP, and post-harvest handling.
- Farm Financial Support Program & Export Promotion Program, AAIDO initiated the Islamic microcredit program to producers of almond and few other horticulture crops and to Afghan exporters in 2011.Theseprograms were funded by USAID/DAI-ADF for three years starting from 2011. AAIDO under this program distributed high quality agriculture inputs on credit to more than 1532 farmers in Northern and Central region provinces also under this project export loan provided to 3 Afghan exporter companies. The aims of these projects were increasing the quality and quantity of products by distribution of high quality agriculture inputs, increase in income of producers and assisting the exporters for export promotion.
- Afghanistan Almond Industry Development Organization (AAIDO) Support Project, this project was funded by European Union (EU) on May 2010 for three years. The project was working on whole value chain of almond in Northern provinces of Afghanistan. AAIDO successfully implemented this program and more than 5000 producers, and 20 traders/processers and exporters benefited.
- Business Plan, Global GAP and ISO Certification Project, AAIDO on 2013 attracted World Bank Project (New Market Development-NMD), the NMD was focusing on processing and value addition in Afghanistan which contributes the 70% of the technical support. The proposal for AAIDO has been approved by Ministry of Commerce and World Bank, NMD funded 70% of AAIDO business plan development for innovative dried fruits processing center in Kabul, ISO and Global GAP certifications. AAIDO successfully implemented the project and developed business plan, applied ISO/HACCP certification in the processing center and implemented Global GAP certification in Almond orchards.
- KFMTC Trade Office, Enabling Afghan exporters to penetrate new markets and develop the traditional markets of Afghan fresh and dried fruits, AAIDO under EU and USAID/CHAMP project established the trade office of Afghan businesses in Delhi, India under Kabul Fruits Marketing and Trading Company (KFMTC) on July 2011.USAID/CHAMP supported and funded a partial of KFMTC trade office operation expenses for three years starting from 2011. The main objective of KFMTC trade office isexport promotion of Afghan horticultural crops, and export facilitation that Afghan exporters can directly supply to wholesale and retail markets of India without any intervention of Indian importer or wholesaler.
- Export Promotion Programs, AAIDO aim is to promote and boost Afghanistan horticultural crops exports to international markets. AAIDO during 2010-2013 received support/funds from different donors such as EU, USAID/ADF, USAID/TAFA and GIZ for export promotion programs/exhibitions in Moscow, India, USA, UK, Germany, Turkey, Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan. In these missions more than 30 Afghan exporter companies were supported and boosted the exports to International markets.